Stay cool during the hot season:
- Avoid long exposure to the sun during the day
- Wear sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat to protect against sunburn and sun glare
- Stay hydrated by frequently drinking safe water. Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink.
- Check your local news for extreme heat alerts
- Know the signs and symptoms of heat-related illnesses and how to treat them
- Monitor and protect vulnerable people: infants, people 65 years+, people who are overweight, or physically ill (heart disease, high blood pressure, etc.)